Job No: 150926 Location: Kamloops, BC
- Join one of the most trusted names in mining and construction in BC
- Receive $120-140K annual salary plus full benefits
- Help us achieve our long term financial goals as a key decision-maker
Rock Construction and Mining Inc.
Rock Construction and Mining Inc. (ROCK) is one of Canada’s largest rock excavation contractors specializing in drilling and blasting operations. Scope of works include construction and mining projects of every size and complexity in locations across Canada.
Since 2002, ROCK has secured its reputation as a trusted partner in drilling and blasting applications such as road and highway construction, quarry and mine production, infrastructure foundations and hydroelectric development. Founded with the philosophy of providing a safe, efficient, and guaranteed service, in meeting all client expectations. ROCK believes that people are the greatest asset and utilizes the valuable resources gained through worker engagement.
For more information, please visit our website.
ROCK is looking for a full-time Financial Controller based in Kamloops, British Columbia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s financial administration systems. To qualify for the role, the individual must hold a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing accounting operations including journal entries, payroll, accounts payables, accounts receivables, and statutory reporting
- Overseeing job costing, budgeting, financial planning, and forecasting
- Preparing all required financial statements, including supplemental financial reports
- Managing all internal and external financial, tax, and compliance audits
- Managing compliance with all contractual reporting requirements
- Monitoring overall internal financial controls throughout the organization
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly job costing reports to the executive team
- Maintaining relationships with banks and other financial institutions
- Working with external accounting subcontractors
- Managing contact with CRA and provincial regulators
- Preparing, analyzing, and presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual operating results for the executive team
- Inventory Control
- To ensure an orderly transition, the individual will receive mentorship and support will be phased out as required.
The Financial Controller is expected to be proactive and take the lead in their role, therefore you must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. You can prioritize and adapt in a dynamic work environment, while ensuring financial best practices are sustained.
As a key decision-maker, you will possess exceptional communication skills and outstanding attention to detail, as well as a proven innovative and results-driven mindset.
The following knowledge, skills, or background are crucial in performing the role effectively:
- Capital asset management
- Financial planning and reporting
- Cash management
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and ERP
- Leading a finance team
- A background or proven experience in a mining and/or construction environment is considered an asset
As a valuable member of the team, you will receive excellent benefits which include:
- $120-140K annual salary, dependent on skills and experience
- Performance dependent, discretionary bonus after 1 year service
- Extended Benefits
- Opportunity for employer-sponsored learning and development
- Relocation Assistance for the successful candidate if located outside of Kamloops
ROCK’s core values are at the very heart of the company, guiding the individual actions of the ROCK team members, while inspiring the company’s culture.
If you share common values and hold the skills and drive necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!