Kamloops, BC$38 - 55 an hour - Full-time Permanent
Full Job Description
Rock Construction & Mining Inc. is seeking experienced, enthusiastic individuals to join the team as full time Certified Blasters (NOC 7372) for sites on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
- Candidates MUST possess a valid WorkSafeBC Blasting ticket or BC Mines Blasting ticket - Surface Blaster 1st Class (Urban or Close Proximity).
- Candidates MUST hold proven experience working in quarrying and/or surface mining.
- ROCK will aid successful candidates in obtaining an equivalency certificate where current out of province training/certification meets BC regulatory requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Load explosives in blast holes
- Ensure appropriate detonation sequencing and connection
- Handle, store and transport explosives and accessories in accordance with regulations and ensure that safety procedures are observed
- Direct blast helpers
- Valid drivers’ license
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow process accurately
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Complete accurate daily reporting
- Good judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Adopt good blasting habits and common sense
- Ability to distinguish between unsafe/safe working conditions
- Prioritize daily / weekly schedules to meet deadlines
- Resolve complex problems and make clear and decisive decisions
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
Rock Construction and Mining Inc. (ROCK)
Join one of Canada’s largest rock excavation contractors specializing in drilling and blasting operations. Scope of works include construction and mining projects of every size and complexity in locations across Canada.
Since 2002, ROCK has secured its reputation as a trusted partner in drilling and blasting applications such as road and highway construction, quarry and mine production, infrastructure foundations and hydroelectric development. Founded with the philosophy of providing a safe, efficient, and guaranteed service, in meeting all client expectations. ROCK believes that people are the greatest asset and utilizes the valuable resources gained through worker engagement.
- Negotiable hourly rate - based on certification and experience.
- ROCK offers regular wage evaluations
- 10% Holiday Pay
- Overtime and commuters benefits
- Travel and accommodations covered by ROCK.
- Excellent benefits package after 3 months.
- Opportunity for training and advancement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.00-$55.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Blasting: 5 years (preferred)